Financial Literacy: A simplified approach - Part I

Hi guys,

Longgggggggggggggggggg time no see, as Nigerians say. I have been working, trust me. July was delivery-heavy for me at work and some finance gigs I had been called to facilitate. One of this was the Dynamic Youth Fellowship (DYF) seminar for a work colleague’s church. This was to enlighten the DYF youth church on savings culture, investment buckets, risk appetite, understanding and applying basic financial skills. Hence, I settled for the theme – “Financial Literacy – A simplified approach” as summarized below.

Financial literacy is the ability to understand and properly apply financial management skills, which include financial planning, properly managing debt, accurately calculating interest, and understanding the time value of money are characteristics of being financially literate.

Furthermore, I also took them through some components of financial literacy, which includes budgeting, understanding interest rates, prioritizing savings, credit versus debit cycle, risk appetites and financial safety.

For the financial literacy pillars, I reiterated that financial literacy is having a basic grasp of money matters and its four fundamental pillars: debt, budgeting, saving, and investing. In addition, I explained that it means understanding how to build wealth throughout one’s life by leveraging the power of these pillars.

This ends the first part of the seminar, I will post up the concluding slides soon for your use.

Love, always!

Aramide

Comments

  1. CBN you're always on point. You go girl 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always educating us. Insightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you boo!! Happy I am able to. Please check in for the second part tomorrow. ❤❤

      Delete
  3. Insightful! Nice one Aramide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aramide for taking us through this wonderful pact. We appreciate you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awesome write-up💯..will definitely implement these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eniola! I'll look forward to your feedback soon. ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Finance: Setting Up Firewalls

Finance 101: Let’s Get This Bread

Valuation of hard-to-value equities: Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)